Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gas Prices

Since I am traveling East from Illinois, I thought I would provide an update on gas prices.

When we left Macomb, IL gas was $2.36. Wow, isn't that great for summer? Makes the trip much easier on the wallet and conscience. McLean, IL it was $2.39. Indianapolis $2.38. This is riveting!! Columbus, OH, a low all trip of $2.29. Pat stopped for gas north of Columbus and managed to find gas for $2.49 sandwiched between gas in the upper $2.30's. Hamburg, NY had gas for $2.69, Lockport, NY $2.68, but we bought on the Tuscarora Indian Reservation for $2.52. I thought it used to be about 30 cents cheaper on the Rez. Apparently not anymore. Then the gas pumper is holding out his hand for a tip that destroys any savings you thought you had.

The New York Thruway it was $2.68 consistently. The Mass Turnpike was a low $2.47. Note to self: Mobil stations in the east don't necessarily have restrooms, look out for the dung filled (log size), piss floored Porta-Potties. Wish I had a picture. My mom wanted us to stop pumping gas due to this heresy. I cleaned my hands and shoes on my own wipes and got back in the car.

To be continued...

No comments: